Saturday, July 29, 2006

Hip Hop


So, we saw the Black Eyed Peas in Bratislava at Incheba Open Air. Who'd a thought you could see them here? They didn't even play in Prague. The next closest show was in Kiev, Ukraine. It was a good show. It was the first concert I've seen in about two years. I've been really out of it. It was greuling because it was festival seating. So, we arrived at 6:00 when the gates opened. The show was supposed to start at 8:00. Unfortunately, at 8:00 they had an opening act, then a hip hop dance show which was bizarre in that it was all these Slovak people trying to be home boys and gangsta hos in their shiny white skin and straight hair. It turned out to be more like a hip hop festival than a concert, but at 10:00, after standing in the same place for 4 hours, the concert started. It was fun, but we were physically crippled by the end of it all. We may try the ballet next time.

1 Comments:

At 11:08 PM, Blogger Rachel and Scott said...

Hey Diana!

I was excited to see your comment on my blog and to realize you have been documenting your life in Slovakia! I had to catch up from your first post and was touched by your thoughts about leaving new york... "desire to live my life fully, without fear". Amen, sister. If that is what I achieve in life I will feel successful. Kristi told me you, Milan, and your parents are coming to the wedding! Scott and I are in South Dakota on the home stretch to MN.

See you soon,
Rachel
p.s. my new email is rachelmaupin@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home